Cooks Hill Galleries provides certified and professional online art valuations for Australian art works for insurance or market appraisal (divesting of family assets, leasing, general enquiry, and investment purposes.) We primarily focus on paintings and sculpture. All valuations are carried out by Gallery Director, Mark Widdup. With over 40 years’ experience, Mark has an established reputation as a local authority on Australian art. For more details regarding Mark you can view his Linkedin profile here and connect with him.
The accuracy of our valuations relies on the quality of the details you provide to us. Therefore, the Gallery will not be liable to you in circumstances where: you have provided us incomplete or inaccurate information; or there is any error, omission or misdescription in the information, you have provided to us in relation to your art works.
Further, should your art work be deemed by us as: not authentic, genuine or otherwise fake; or not having sufficient reputation to warrant a valuation, the Gallery will not be liable for any valuation prepared and is not otherwise obliged to undertake a valuation at your request. All valuations are confidential.
The valuation fee is $99.00 inc GST per artwork. The valuation fee is based on an hourly preparation rate, calculated on the time taken to: assess the information you have provided to us; identify any anomalies in your information or in relation to your art work generally; conduct research in to determine a fair market value for the art work; and the preparation of your valuation documentation to be provided. Should you have a collection of paintings, it is recommended you contact the Gallery Director to organise a quote and appointment for viewing.
The terms and conditions relating to provision of valuation services to you by the Gallery are available by clicking here. The valuation terms set out our mutual rights and obligations in relation to our valuation services and we strongly recommend that you read them prior to submitting a request for valuation.
By submitting a request for valuation you make the following promises to the Gallery:
1. You are the owner of the art work or you are otherwise the agent with authority to represent the art work for the purposes of valuation.
2. The art work is in saleable condition or you will otherwise provide detailed information as to any damage or deterioration in the condition of the art work.
3. You will supply a clear and accurate high resolution colour image of the art work (in JPEG format) that accurately depicts the art work. In addition, you promise that: a.the image has not been enhanced or altered in any way; and b.the image shows the art work in its entirety.
4. The information provided by you is accurate, truthful, and complete to the best of your knowledge.
5. You have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions governing the provision of valuation services to you by the Gallery.
You can request an artwork valuation from Cooks Hill Galleries using the form below. Please use a new instance of the form for each artwork and be sure to provide all details requested in addition to high quality images.