WE RECENTLY SAT DOWN WITH PHIL CLARKE TO DISCUSS HIS ART, LIFE, LOVES AND OTHER THINGS! HERE IS 'YOUR LIFE ON A CANVAS' WITH CHG REPRESENTED ARTIST PHIL STALLARD...
1. Best recent art experience?
The last couple of paintings for the current Cooks Hill Galleries exhibition, I tried to not overpaint and almost succeeded!
2. Most used art material?
3. Favourite colour?
4. Most embarrassing artwork story?
Moved my studio into my apartment a few years ago, painting naked in the living room, looking out the window to see my neighbour staring in horror.. whoopsie...
5. What can’t you live without?
Air, it kinda helps..
6. What are you currently working on?
Relaxing... it will never happen.
7. What do you hate?
Everything with the exception of very small things.
8. Favourite artist or art movement?
Matisse, Hans Richter, Philip Guston, Hockney.
9. Your biggest art influence?
10. If you could have one painting on your wall, what would it be?
Picasso, Lady with a fan.
11. Favourite music album?
OK Computer (Radiohead).
12. Favourite quote?
I told you I was ill (Spike Milligan's gravestone).
13. What one piece of advice would you give your younger
Explore Phil Stallard's new exhibition 'Waterline' on our website. Preview any work in your home or office. Contact us to arrange,