2016 - ANOTHER CHALLENGING YEAR for CHG; where the framework for change was implemented with new initiatives qualified, much of what you will see and be in place for 2017. Change at CHG continues to be driven by the developing media landscape which we are all part of today.
Our new digital catalogue presentation that accompanies each exhibition was a significant move, providing a comprehensive and superior ‘on line’ viewing of our exhibitions and associated artworks. We will continue to have guest ‘introduction or catalogue essay’ writers to further offer insights, analysis and introduce our exhibitors and exhibitions. View the most recent CHG digital catalogue here.
Our ’art trial’ and ‘art selector’ programs and initiatives provide a better client experience which we will build on in the new year. These help our clients identify the perfect artwork for their home, office or loved one – and trial it in situ! Want to know more? Get in touch here.
The year also saw some changes with ‘art rulings’ for superfunds (SMSF) that hold art and or ‘collectables’ where a strict storage code was introduced. Governments ratified to end artworks being held in a trustee’s home, offices or related parties; income producing or not! More on that in the new year, however we have some more options for safe storage providing 5 star security giving comfort to art owners! This safe store service will be located in 3 capital cities.
Other highlights of the year for CHG included:
- Social media traction providing an extended reach to national and international audiences – we continue to delight art lovers everywhere! Follow us on Facebook here.
- Continued active Exhibition presence building on 41 years of shows, with more group or shared exhibitions than ever! View our exhibitions here.
- We attracted some important art sales with our Premium art during the year. Art by Margaret Olley, Sidney Nolan, Nigel Milsom, Robert Dickerson, William Dobell to name a few!
- The establishment of new ‘price points’ for some of our Represented artists – art for any budget, space and taste! - And their following continue to grow - congratulations!
- We continued to introduce a balance of new artists to the CHG stable. Watch this space in 2017!
- Implemented a ‘virtual tour’ of the Gallery now available via Google here. This provides the near real experience for the gallery, assisting our followers and new inquiries to witness the reality of the gallery space!
- Several of our ‘Represented artists’ gained a ‘finalist’ place in significant art prizes nationally including the Art Gallery of NSW Wynne prize.
- New internal working platforms established and tested within our gallery systems.
- The preparation for a new website (pilot program) which provides a better experience for art lovers and clients to be launched soon.
- Arguably the first commercial Gallery in Australia to utilise the ‘Facebook live’ feature at an exhibition opening. Find it here.
It is with great sadness I acknowledge the passing of the long standing exhibiting sculptor Warrick Timmins. I extend my deepest sympathies to his wife Denise.
I’m bullish about the year ahead, with some exciting exhibitions planned and some significant changes to enhance the galleries experiences for our artists, clients and vendors.
Also please note - this is the last weekend before the gallery goes into the Christmas and New year Recess. We close 6pm Sunday December 18. During this time we invite you to browse and shop art online at our website.
We wish you a happy and relaxing year end and the new year!
Yours in art,